Sony headphones bought by women for 2300 yuan suffer from misoperation and injured fingers

Recently, according to China consumer daily, Ms. Liu, a consumer in Wuhan, spent 2300 yuan on a pair of wi-1000xm2 Sony headphones. When charging, she mistakenly used the plane adapter in the packaging box as a charging plug, causing the headphones to explode and set fire, and burned her son's right hand.

For the above operation, businesses think it is caused by improper operation of consumers, and are unwilling to take responsibility.

Sony headphones bought by women for 2300 yuan suffer from misoperation and injured fingers

It is reported that on the afternoon of February 17, Ms. Liu bought a pair of Sony headphones wi-1000xm2 at Meicheng store in Hanjie, Wuchang District, Wuhan City, and paid 2300 yuan. At home that night, Ms. Liu’s son charged the earphone with the plug in the earphone packaging box. Unexpectedly, an explosion occurred instantly. After five consecutive explosions, the earphone caught fire again.

Sony headphones bought by women for 2300 yuan suffer from misoperation and injured fingers

Ms. Liu quickly cut off the power and put out the fire, but her son’s four fingers on his right hand were burned, and her earphone was also burnt out.

Sony headphones bought by women for 2300 yuan suffer from misoperation and injured fingers

After the accident, Ms. Liu contacted Meicheng store and found out that the plug in the packaging box of Sony earphone is not the charging plug of the earphone, but the earphone plug adapter (also known as aircraft adapter or flight plug) used on the plane.

Meichengdian believes that the accident belongs to the improper operation of the consumers, and the full responsibility lies with the consumers, which has nothing to do with them, because the warning “please do not plug into the power socket” was pasted on the aircraft adapter.

In fact, similar events have occurred before, and there are many consumers in SONY bar who make complaints about similar events. Like Ms. Liu, they used the wrong airplane adapter to charge the Sony headphones, causing the headphones to burn out.

In this regard, the Hubei Provincial Consumer Committee reminds that operators should do their best to remind and inform consumers of potential risks that may endanger their personal safety.